Visual Studies seeking book review editor
After four years as book review editor for Visual Studies, Annebella Pollen is stepping down. The International Visual Sociology Association is therefore looking to identify a suitable replacement for this important role. The role requires a broad awareness of the field, a commitment to high editorial standards and enthusiasm.
The duties of book review editor include:
• Receiving and, where appropriate, soliciting books for review from publishers, and forwarding them to review authors in a timely fashion
• Identifying review authors and commissioning reviews, including extended review essays for particularly significant individual or linked publications
• Communicating with review authors and advising on appropriate review length and matters of style
• Ensuring submitted reviews meet the editorial standards of the journal prior to publication
• Working with the review authors and the journal editor to identify appropriate visual material to accompany selected reviews
• Developing the journal’s book reviews policy in conjunction with the journal editor and the film and multimedia review editor
IVSA welcomes expressions of interest in the role. Please supply a brief statement (max. 500 words) explaining your interest in the role, what you bring to the journal and prior editing/publishing experience, plus a CV. Submissions to the editor by May 1, 2017. Informal enquiries or any questions may be directed to the journal editors or IVSA President.